The ethos of the school is based on core values shared by the staff and clearly communicated to the children daily through teaching, discussion and example. These values are our guiding principles in setting the aims and objectives of our community and in evaluating our performance…
Our aims are to:
- Cherish each child as an individual.
- Enthuse children with a love of learning and the desire to make the very most of their abilities and opportunities.
- Offer a caring yet challenging environment in which children are given the courage to learn from their mistakes and develop resilience.
- Foster a sense of self-worth in each child.
- Promote respect for different life-styles, cultures and religions.
- Develop a sense of individual responsibility towards others and the environment.
- Create a community which reflects the ethical and moral framework of our Christian foundation and to promote the pupils’ spiritual and moral development.
- Inspire pupils to play a positive role in contributing to the life of the school, the wider community and beyond.
- Promote the intellectual, social, mental, emotional, economic and physical development of pupils.
- Actively promote Fundamental British Values
- Ensure that the quality of the school environment and the overall atmosphere reflect the high standards expected of pupils.
- Make a childhood at The Manor as positive and happy as possible.