Our Pre-Nursery offers a wonderful introduction to nursery life in a vibrant and well resourced setting. The Manor’s Pre-Nursery is for 2-3 years olds and we welcome children once they have had their second birthday. The Pre-Nursery has its own self-contained garden, messy play area and cosy indoor playroom. Children play an energetic role in their learning which is through play and exploration.
Our team of dedicated and experienced staff offer a warm, caring and stimulating environment and ensure your child has the very best start to their education. The emphasis is very much on settling in, possibly leaving parents for the first time, and building relationships with the staff and other children through play and interaction. Depending on their attendance pattern, the children have the opportunity for specialist sessions in PE, Music as well as a Library visit. The children take part in whole school events when appropriate so they start to gain a clear sense that they are part of a community.
Each child has a key person who supports them and their family through this vital transition. Children all settle at different rates and your key person will arrange visits directly with you. We recommend a minimum of two sessions a week once they have started Pre-Nursery to give them the opportunity to settle fully and form friendships. Before they move to Nursery, they will have weekly visits to become familiar with the new environment and staff. This makes the transition seamless.
Healthy meals, snacks and milk are provided every day.
Pre-Nursery session timings and Wrap Around Care Provision
- Breakfast Club 7:30am-8:00am (for children aged 3 or over, additional costs applied, must be booked in advance)
- Early Birds 8:00am-8:30am (predominantly for children aged 3 or over. Once settled 2 year olds may attend with prior arrangements and agreement from their Key Person and Mrs McConnell)
- School day starts 8:30am
- School morning finishes at either 12 noon or 3:30pm (depending on sessions booked)
- Optional Lunch Session 12 noon-1:00pm
- Pre Extended Day 3:45-4:15pm
- Extended Day after school care 3:45pm-6:00pm (for children aged 3 or over)