Challenge. Cherish. Inspire.

Second-hand Uniform Shop

The Second-hand Uniform Shop, or SHUS as it is known, is run by volunteer Manor parents and provides good quality second-hand school uniform. All items are sold at 50% or less of the price of the new school uniform. Sellers receive 60% of the sale price, the remaining 40% of the sale price goes to The Manor Association of Parents (MAP).

Sale Dates by Appointment

Due to new government guidelines, SHUS appointments are postponed until further notice. SHUS are still running a ‘click and collect’ service. Please email them your requirements – SHUS@manorprep.org.

To make an appointment please email SHUS@manorprep.org

Wednesday 4 November, 3:30pm – 4:30pm – Cancelled
Friday 4 December, 8:30am – 9:30am – Cancelled

To comply with Coronavirus safety guidelines, please ensure you wear a mask at your appointment. You will be given gloves to wear for handling clothes. Unfortunately we are currently not able to allow children to try on clothes. To keep the numbers in SHUS to a minimum, please do not bring any siblings to the appointment – thank you.

Future dates of sales are advertised in Manor Messages and on posters around the school.

Payment

Payment can be by cash, by adding it on to your end of term bill or by cheque made payable to The Manor Prep School.

Contact SHUS

Parents who need to contact SHUS directly can do so by email.

New parents who are unable to attend one of our sale dates may contact us via the Director of Admissions and Communications, Mrs Karen Copson, by telephone on 01235 858462 or by email.

Selling your Second-Hand Clothes

We are happy to receive quality second-hand Manor uniform, including historical costumes, football boots, hockey sticks, tennis racquets, trainers and ballet uniform. Please ensure they are clean and in good condition with any old name tags removed. Each item should be clearly labelled; labels can be downloaded from the links below or collected from the School Office. Any unlabelled items will be sold and the takings donated to MAP. Items are priced by the SHUS representatives.

Items to sell can be dropped off into the box outside the Manor House, by the Milk Yard gate.

We reserve the right to refuse an item of clothing if it is not of suitable condition. Such items will then be donated to school for emergencies or given to charity. Each item is priced individually based on its condition. Any item which becomes discontinued stock at Stevensons will be removed from sale or reduced in price.

The SHUS Team

Volunteer to help with SHUS

Where Next

Visits to The Manor

Owing to new Government guidance, unfortunately we are no longer permitted to welcome visitors on site.  However, we would be delighted to welcome you to one of our personal virtual tours. Please click here if you would like to arrange this and a video call with Alastair Thomas, our Headmaster.

Please also click here for virtual Open Day dates.